Have I ever mentioned how much the infamous "2 week wait" sucks? And I always get to the point around 11 dpo (days past ovulation) where I really want to take a home pregnancy test but I just don't allow myself to. Before I knew a name for what's up with my body, I would take a hpt every week or every other week because I could go a long time between periods. As I've mentioned before, it could be 8 weeks, it could be 12 weeks, it could be 18 weeks! So I've wasted a lot of money and sanity on those darn tests. I just can't put myself through that again. Even though it equally sucks when you see your temperature start to drop at about 13-14 dpo and you know what's coming. When I get to 13 dpo I wake up each morning and hope really hard that my temperature doesn't drop significantly.
Speaking of waking up faithfully at 6am each morning to take my temperature...can I just get pregnant already so I don't have to do that anymore? It's not so bad during the week because I get up for work at that time anyway, but the weekends kill me. Oh and the whole, having to pee so bad but waking up and looking at the clock show 4:30 am and telling myself that I need to go back to sleep because if I get up my temperature won't be accurate. I have a cutoff time for peeing in the middle of the night: if I wake up before 3am, it's ok to get up, if it's after 3am, no go. You have to have 3 consecutive hours of sleep for the whole temping thing to be accurate AND take it around the same time each day.
Sorry to make this blog so TMI but that's just how I roll. I can't tip-toe around things I really want to say. I just can't.
8 more days to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment