The appointment went ok. I did have to wait forever of course but my doctor did sincerely apologize today for that. She was in a very good mood so she made me feel better about being there. Basically fingers are still crossed that this last clomid round pans out. Otherwise we're talkin' dolla bills. Lots of them. So what's next if this round sucks? Justin goes and gets a semen analysis (where his mom works, lol). Now, I'm not sure if that would fall under his insurance or mine, I forgot to ask. Hopefully his because I think his covers that to some extent. If it fell under my insurance it would just fall under my deductible. I've read so many different figures for how much this test would cost, my doctor said a couple hundred. Then, if that turns out normal, I would go in for a hysterosalpingogram. Omg, I will never remember that word. In normal words, an x-ray of my fallopian tubes to check for blockages, irregularities, abnormalities, etc. If THAT comes back normal, we would discuss how aggressive we want to be with treatment. IUI (intra-uterine insemination) would be a pretty aggressive next step. Going back on clomid would possibly be a choice again but only if everything checked out okay, since it is making me ovulate.
So basically, let's just hope really hard that 6th round is the real charm.
My brain hurts.
The Semen Analysis will fall under Justin's insurance. Thanks for sharing your private thoughts with us. I love you and am praying for you constantly!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Michelle