Monday, February 22, 2010

If I come back bald, it's because I pulled my hair out waiting

For some reason I get crazy amounts of anxiety before a doctors/dentists appointments. Now, I have plenty of reason to be anxious at the dentist...drills and picks, eeek!!! Doctor's appointments, not so much. I'm nervous for a whole other set of reasons when I go to the OBGYN now. I have no qualms about having blood drawn or being poked and prodded, it's the waiting. I don't think I have ever been there where I haven't had to wait at least 20-30 minutes (one time an hour!) to see the doctor. Of course you think you're getting in quick because the nurse usually takes you back on time. But then you wait, and wait, and wait some more, then you hear your doctor's voice thinking she'll be in any minute, then continue waiting, until FINALLY, she comes in and says "and what are you here for today?" I cannot express how much that phrase drives me crazy. Now, I've been told that this is standard procedure for most doctors. It has something to do with getting the patient to open up maybe?? But I really would rather we just skip all small talk and get down to business. Believe me, I have no problem opening up. I usually bring a list with me of topics I want to discuss, just in case I forget something.

Anyhoo...I'm at work trying to pretend like I'm not anxious already but I am. I printed off some Sudoku puzzles to do while I'm waiting to help pass the time. I'll post an update after I get back from my appointment. I honestly have no idea what to expect. I have all of these scenarios running through my head but of course, it usually never ends up how you expect it to.

Will it be further testing and ultrasounds? A specimen needed from Justin? A referral to a reproductive endocrinologist? Injections? Medication? Ovary transplant? lol. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment