Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Buckle your seatbelts, we're going on the Clomid rollercoaster

I would normally never post a blog while at work but I'm pretty excited right now so I just need to! My doctor (or rather, my doctor's nurse) called me yesterday and left a couple of voicemails. I assumed that they were regarding my fasting glucose test results. Well I was out and about all day yesterday so I didn't get a chance to call back in time. The nurse called me at work this morning (as a male co-worker was talking to me at my desk, so I tried to be discreet) and informed me that my labs came back completely normal! No sign of insulin resistance! Sooo, no need for the Metformin, we're going to go ahead and start the Clomid treatments. Holy shit I'm so nervous about this.

Aaaand, my period started yesterday. Shortest cycle (8 weeks) in a loooong time. My boobs were super sore and I was awfully cranky/emotional last week so I figured it was coming. It's perfect timing really since I will start the clomid...well tomorrow I guess (day 3). The nurse asked me if I wanted to start Provera (which helps induce a period) and I said "no need, it just showed up yesterday" and she seemed very glad about that.

So, here's the deal. I will take Clomid (starting at 50mg) on day 3-7 of my cycle. Then I get to "do it" a bunch, and then I go in on day 21 of my cycle for progesterone testing to see if I'm actually ovulating. Then at the end of my cycle I will either have a period (or need Provera) or have a positive pregnancy test. After that, they will adjust my dosage if need be and we start over again. I don't want to get my hopes up too much but I hope I do ovulate on the Clomid because that will be a good sign. Once again, I do ovulate on my own just not in a regular fashion. In fact, in a completely sporadic fashion.

I'm all kinds of emotions right now. So excited though that I'm not pre-diabetic. That was a huge concern of mine.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you are not pre-diabetic Steph! Hoping the Clomid goes well for you!!!! I'll be thinking about you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you are not pre-diabetic. I hope this Clomid works! I'll be thinking about you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending positive thoughts your way! You've been on my heart a lot.

    ReplyDelete