Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The results are in...

A whopping negative! No ovulation this cycle. My levels were 0.67 which is normal for anything before ovulation but after ovulation they should be 5.0 - 15.0.

Disappointed? Yes. Surprised? No.

Nothing (basal temps, home ovulation tests) lead me to believe that I had ovulated yet so I didn't have high hopes for my lab results.

So now what? Well, apparently my doctor wasn't in today so she hasn't had a chance to review my results. Her nurse told me to wait a week past cycle day 28 (so about 2 weeks from today) then schedule a blood pregnancy test (standard procedure) and then I would go on Provera (progesterone) to induce a period. You take that pill for 7 days and from my past experiences, I get my period about 3 days after that last pill. Soooo, looks like I'll probably start my next round of Clomid around Sept. 24th give or take a few days. The nurse predicted that my doctor would probably want to increase my Clomid dosage to 100mg next round. Gee, I would hope so. I say, let's just up it to 200mg to see what happens, haha. I kid, I kid.

My hormones need a kick in the ass!

2 comments: