Friday, September 11, 2009

I'll show you an explanation...

Yeah so, I received an EOB (explanation of benefits) from my health insurance company yesterday from my progesterone blood test. Any EOB I've received in the past for a blood test has shown that the patient owes $0 but this one showed I was responsible for $61. So I called the insurance company and the progesterone test was coded as an infertility test/procedure and therefore applies to my coverage for infertility which is pretty much next to none. I have a $500 yearly deductible that applies and, are you ready for this? A $500 maximum lifetime benefit for anything related to infertility! What a joke. Might as well not cover it at all. Oh, and I even verified with my company's HR department so there is no confusion here.

Soooo, let's HOPE that the clomid works at some point, because I don't think I can afford anything else. Hopefully the clomid works sooner than later so I don't have to keep paying $61 for each progesterone check.

Yowza.

No comments:

Post a Comment