Monday, September 28, 2009

Well, wouldn't you know...

So yeah...wrong dosage was called in. SURPRISE! Even though I said clearly on the phone, "please verify with Judy (my doctor's nurse) that Clomid will be 100mg this time per our previous discussion." I get to my pharmacy...
Side note: did I even mention how much I really do love my pharmacy? It's one of those smaller ones where the people know you by name (not sure if that is a good or bad thing). They're so damn friendly.

Anyhoo, I get my pharmacy, pay, get 3 steps out of the door and think to myself, I better check to make sure it's 100mg not 50. I look down and it's freaking 50mg, 5 tablets. So I walk back in, politely discuss this with the pharmacists, they show me the script and all my doctor, or rather her nurse, called in was "clomid, 5 tablets, day 3-7". She did not specify 100mg. Ugh. So I said I would handle it by calling them tomorrow and they said in the meantime it would be ok to take two of the 50mg tonight since I really need to start it today.

I understand that nurses and doctors are very busy people, but so am I. And I am NOT paying for a 2nd prescription. I will pay the difference (if there is one) between the 50mg and the 100mg but I'm not paying another 5 day, 50mg prescription. Granted, it's only $12.80 but that's $2.56 per pill. And I'm cheap.

If my life were peanut butter, it would be super chunky, not smooth and creamy.

No comments:

Post a Comment