Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What Road Lies Ahead

My doctor's office called again today (my doctor's nurse, who is a different one that I usually speak with). Here's the deal, if I'm not pregnant this round, I can keep taking clomid at 100mg for 3-4 more cycles. I don't need to come in for any more progesterone tests unless the clomid doesn't work during a cycle for whatever reason. Goodbye $61, out-of-pocket blood test! I will just keep monitoring my basal body temperature and taking the OPKs.

If I'm still not pregnant after the 4 more cycles of clomid, I'm not sure what the next step is. I'm not sure if we can afford to do any different treatment after that since my insurance is sucky when it comes to infertility treatment.

I'm not sure how often I will be posting here (for a while) if I find I'm pregnant. Because of my miscarriage the first time, I'm very hesitant to tell anyone if I find out I'm pregnant. In fact, I have only a short list of people that I plan on letting know for the first 8-12 weeks. But hey, I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's just see how the next week or two goes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment