Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Third Times a Charm? Wouldn't that be a hoot!

I was right (see last post). Thus begins Clomid round 3 same dosage as round 2. I start my 5 day pill series on Friday, I had my doctor call the prescription in today since I'm almost positive it will have to be special ordered again and so hopefully will be ready by Friday. I'm gonna give the pharmacy a call tomorrow though just to make sure everything's a-ok. I don't want any surprises on Friday when I pick it up. Weekends are not good time to have crap like that happen since doctor's offices and my pharmacy are both closed during the weekend. I think my pharmacy is closed anyway, guess I could check.

I am a little frightened that it feels like we only have 4 more chances to get this baby thing going. I mean, if I were to get pregnant, I could take Clomid again if necessary for subsequent pregnancies, but you're pretty much only allowed 6 rounds at a time. I don't know if we can afford much more than just prescriptions (the generic Clomid isn't too pricey) to help with the fertility.

Justin's mom asked him one day if we'd be ok if it turned out we couldn't have our own children. We talked about it and I'm sure we'd live on but it was sort of a reality check. Adoption is probably not an option since it's very expensive. If it was more accessible, we might have already pursued it.

Sometimes I get that stupid "why me?" thought in my head and it frustrates me. I need to stop thinking that. I've always thought I was in charge of my own destiny so I guess it's hard when something is out of my control.

Alright, alright. Enough poo-pooing around. No need to be a debbie downer. This journey ain't over yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment