I went on a roadtrip with one of my cousins this week (to Springfield, Missouri) to visit one of our other cousins who just had a premie baby (born 10.5 weeks early). All three of us have some kind of menstrual or fertility issue and we've talked about it before because we're a very open family but never in as much depth as we did this week. One cousin doesn't ovulate at all she was recently informed at the age of 28/29, way to diagnose early doctors! The other cousin had a miscarriage shortly after I did last summer then had a fairly high risk pregnancy this time around (bleeding early on, etc) and ended up delivering at 29 weeks for some reason they can't figure out quite yet. I even have a male cousin who is sterile. And then there's me in all of my glory, you know the deal. So this is one of the many things we bond over (most of them are good though, this is one of the few bummers).
The cousin that doesn't ovulate (btw: yes it would be easier to use names but you know...) has been on a form of progesterone for a long time and is starting Clomid this month. I had researched Clomid before and often thought this might be the route Justin and I will have to try because it has been almost a year now with no success. It makes me a little angry because we were able to get pregnant before without any help so I'm not quite sure what the big, hairy deal is now!
So my pap appointment is in about 3 weeks and I'm making my list of questions and checking it twice. This time, my doctor's not getting out easily! I can't wait to see the look on the nurse's face when she asks when my last period was and I tell her February 14th, lol. I'm going to march into those stirrups with my list of concerns in hand! If no one else is going to be an advocate for my reproductive health, then I sure as hell am.
Wish I could do something to solve everyone's fertility issues. I would be a "baby mama" if I could - for real - except my uterus does not like me. I love ya, and I am glad I got to see you guys.
ReplyDelete