Monday, December 21, 2009

4th Quarter Game Plan

BTW, haven't ovulated yet and my BBT's have been lower than normal for the past 8 days. Yes, lower than my normal pre-ovulation temps from the last 2 cycles. I don't know what the hell is up with that. WHAT UP WITH THAT? My googling has found me two results: 1) that I haven't ovulated yet (no shit) and 2) I could have a thyroid disorder. Well #2 is probably not accurate. I've been tested before for thyroid problems and always came back normal. That also wouldn't explain why my temps have been normal up until just 8 days ago. Oh yeah, there's a #3 too, that my thermometer is retarded. Well, perhaps I'll go waste another $7-$10 on a 2nd basal thermometer only to find out that it wasn't the thermometer.

Can you tell I'm only SLIGHTLY frustrated?

I've sort of started to come up with a short-term plan for all of this hoo-ha.
1) call my OBGYN to schedule an appointment with her (yes, an actual sit-down appointment, no more of this over-the-phone business) to discuss this mess and what my options are after the 6th round of Clomid and to also ask about Metformin/Glucophage even though I'm not insulin resistant nor pre-diabetic.
2) wait until the end of the year to see if I've ovulated then call for a blood pregnancy test so I can get on provera (UGH, that stuff is the devil!)
3) come up with some sort of financing plan in case we need further treatment or need to see a reproductive endocrinologist
4) decide how long we want to wait before seeing a specialist
5) look for some sort of support group

I'm starting to come to grips with that the fact that I'm relatively young (25) and that if I need to take some time off (6 months-1year) to figure out my game plan then that's ok. As we have witnessed in the past, it is not entirely impossible for me to get pregnant without the aid of drugs or procedures, but it sure is a hell of a lot harder.

I need a vacation. NOT of the christmas variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment