Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pardon me, I must've tripped over that last hurdle

Of life. You're are a tricky, tricky thing sometimes. My regular OBGYN is now pawning me off on a infertility specialist. According to her, since all of my tests have come back "normal" and we've already tried the Clomid, it's now time to see a specialist. Of course this was all over the phone and coming from her nurse. God forbid I actually get to talk to my doctor one on one about this. I'm a little irritated to say the least. I knew this was coming but guess I didn't think it was going to be so sudden. Aaand, obviously the problem is my hormones. I don't know why they have to send me to a specialist to tell me that.

Well, the kicker is, seeing a specialist (reproductive endocrinologist) costs more, and my insurance doesn't cover it (since I've already reached my generous $500 maximum lifetime benefit). But they don't take that into consideration when they deliver the news to you.

So here lies the dilemma: what the eff you see kay am I going to do? I'm not rich. I can't keep asking my mom to help. It's not her problem. Yes, there are payment plans, but I just got done with one, and am about to start another for the HSG. Do I wait until I have the HSG paid off to start seeing a specialist? This is where I wish I had some kind of faith. But I don't, and I won't, so I can't rely on financial or biological "miracle".

I guess here is where we meet the brick wall again. Hello brick wall, it's nice to see you. It's been a while, I hope all is well. Oh me? I'm fine, just wish you'd stop getting in my way.

So, the answer to the question "what now?" I guess we wait...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment